In the presence of the President of the University Rennes 1, Mr. David Alis and the Vice President of the Brittany Region in charge of Energy Transition, Mr. André Crocq, KEMIWATT inaugurated its first organic RedOx battery beyond its walls.
David Alis President of Rennes 1, André Crocq Vice President of the Brittany Region in charge of the Energy Transition, Guillaume Chazalet President of KEMIWATT.
Within the SERU project, financed by the Brittany Region, KEMIWATT organic stationary energy storage system (8kW – 24kWh) was installed on the Beaulieu university campus. It is connected to photovoltaic panels and to a building allowing to test in real conditions of use, different storage applications such as load transfer, peak-shaving or backup.
KEMIWATT wishes with this battery RedOx organic demonstrate all the advantages of this technology developed from the research of the University of Chemistry Rennes 1:
• high simplicity and robustness of the solution with very low maintenance;
• a long life (20 years) and a very large number of cycles (> 20,000 cycles);
• high safety guarantees (no risk of fire, no release of gas, no risk of explosion), low sensitivity to high
• respect for the environment with its recyclable molecules, no rare earths or precious materials;
• the ability to dissociate power and energy;
Since its creation in 2014, KEMIWATT has been accompanied in its development by Demeter Ventures, GO CAPITAL, Pierre-Yves Divet and SATT Ouest Valorisation.
KEMIWATT, 11 allée de Beaulieu, CS 50837 – 35 708 Rennes Cedex